Of course my Mother is the world’s best Mom, as I am sure your’s is too, but I think Tabitha Studer comes in as a very close second. In her post ’25 Ideas for Moms Raising Sons’ she hits the nail right on the head with each one! The only thing I would change about her post is the title to ‘25 MUSTS for Moms Raising Sons’. This truly is my new Mommy Bible.
Some of these may sound like no-brainers, but you really have to read her break-down to realize how awe-inspiring she really is. Here are her 25 ideas (note 6,7 and 8 …and 3):
1. Teach him the words for how he feels.
2. Be a cheerleader for his life.
3. Teach him how to do laundry.
4. Read to him and read with him.
5. Encourage him to dance.
6. Make sure he has examples of good men who are powerful because of their brains, their determination, and their integrity.
7. Make sure he has examples of women who are beautiful because of their brains, their determination, and their integrity.
8. Be an example of a beautiful woman with brains, determination, and integrity.
9. Teach him to have manners because it’s nice. And it will make the world a little better of a place.
10. Give him something to believe in.
11. Teach him that there are times when you need to be gentle.
12. Let him ruin his clothes.
13. Learn how to throw a football.
14. Go outside with him.
15. Let him lose.
16. Give him opportunities to help others.
17. Remind him that practice makes perfect.
18. Answer him when he asks, “Why?”.
19. Always carry band-aids and wipes on you,
especially the wipes.
21. Give him something to release his energy.
22. Build him forts.
23. Take him to new places.
24. Kiss him.
25. Be home base.